November is Native American Heritage Month, which is also commonly referred to as, American Indian and Alaska Native Heritage Month. During the celebration, people acknowledge rich and diverse cultures, traditions, and histories and remember the significant contributions made by the Native Americans now and then.
In this class, you will be divided into four groups. Each group will be assigned with one tribe inhabiting in California. Read here to get inspired.
Group 2: Karuk
Group 3: Hupa
Group 4: Yana people
Your group will research 3 major topics of the particular tribe assigned.
|1||Who are the Ohlone/Karuk/Hupa/Yana people?|
|2||What are the major challenges your assigned tribe faces today?|
|3||Can you describe one of the traditions you would practice if you were a tribe member? How does this tradition effect tribe life today?|
Your research should include but not limited to analysis, summaries, photos, videos or charts about the topics. This is going to be a group work and you should create a blog entry to teach your classmates about your tribe. Be responsible and creative in how to present your tribe to achieve ultimate learning outcomes, for you and for your fellow classmates.
Blog design and submission requirements:
- Use the tribe name as the title of your blog entry. No other texts allowed.
- Only ONE student will need to publish the blog entry. List all group members’ names at the end of your blog entry. Do not forget to publish your blog entry otherwise it will not be seen by your teacher or classmates.
- If you need help to get started to write blogs, read here. For this class, stop reading before How to Create Quality Blog Content on WordPress section.
- Other helpful resources, e.g. upload videos, upload audios, embed PDFs, and more.
- In your blog entry, consider design elements. This article provides a guidance for blog design.
- We will use a virtual question wall to collect all questions you have regarding the assignment (click the “+” to add your input). So we can see all the questions and answers in real-time.
- Late assignment will NOT be accepted.
hours minutes seconds
Blog Assignment Due